Purpose: Support student research that contributes to expanding the knowledge and conservation of birds and their habitats in the Central Valley of California.
Eligible Uses of Funds: Funds may be used for a wide range of purposes that are directly related to the research purpose, including equipment, travel, stipends, and publication costs.
- Be enrolled in an academic program at the Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate level
- Submit a brief application describing the research for which funding is requested (see attached form)
- Agree to share a brief summary of results of research upon completion, and consider presenting results at the annual Central Valley Bird Symposium, if possible.
- Submit a letter of support from their academic advisor.
- The Central Valley Bird Club encourages submissions from applicants from diverse backgrounds and orientations.
Award Numbers and Amount: Up to 2 awards per year of up to $1,500/year. Applicants may apply for up to 2 grants in different years.
Submission Deadline: Flexible - applications will be considered within six weeks of date submitted.
Requests for Further Information: Applicants are encouraged to contact the CV Bird Club's Research Program Chair, Daniel Airola (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Download Application Form